Sunday, February 5, 2012

What is the bubble growing on my balloon ram's eye?

I've had him for a few months now and maybe like two months ago his whole right eye turned black. Then today i noticed the bubble which is only visible when he looks straight ahead at me. And I've noticed he occasionally rubs his right side on the gravel or plants perhaps to pop the bubble? What is this and what should I do?What is the bubble growing on my balloon ram's eye?
It's called popeye because of how it looks. It's a bacterial infection. Go to the fish store and get some antibiotics. Melafix is gentle and effective most of the time but because he's had it so long I would suggest getting one of the stronger ones.What is the bubble growing on my balloon ram's eye?
Scroll down and you'll find a remedy for popeye. Seachem has good medications for all sorts of ailments, but remember if you keep your aquarium clean add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of aquarium salt per gallon of aquarium water you won't have as many fish illnesses.

http://www.aquatichouse.com/Medications_鈥?/a>



Best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment