Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Burnt myself with a curling iron & now theres a bubble/blister?

I had dropped the curling iron on the side of my kneecap last night %26amp; at first it seemed like no big deal but this morning I woke up to find that it turned into a clearish (skin colored) bubble? My friend said to just get a needle %26amp; pop it but i really, really, really don't want to do that. Would popping the bubble be the best solution or is it bad to do that? Will it eventually go away on its own? Thank you!Burnt myself with a curling iron %26amp; now theres a bubble/blister?
DON'T POP IT!!!

The bubble is there to help protect the new skin underneath the burn.

Once that skin is ready to be out in the air, the bubble will pop on it's own.

Just leave it alone and let it heal as it wants to.Burnt myself with a curling iron %26amp; now theres a bubble/blister?
It will eventually pop on its' own, however, if it's bothering you it's not a big deal to pop it yourself. Just use a sterile needle (cleaned in alcohol) and barely nick the tip of the bubble. Have a clean cotton swab or cotton ball handy to wipe the liquid and then put a first aid cream over it. If it were me though, I'd just apply first aid cream and let it run its' own course.Burnt myself with a curling iron %26amp; now theres a bubble/blister?
2 Days ago I did the same thing but I burnt the side of my face, I have a red scar still there, the bubble will go away on it's own -Mine did. But make sure you put ointment on it and if it is too serious you should see a doctor! Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment