Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I get rid of the annoying "wireless networks detected" bubble that pops up on my laptop screen?

It pops up every time I turn the computer on, and I can't figure out how to make it disappear. Thanks.How do I get rid of the annoying "wireless networks detected" bubble that pops up on my laptop screen?
Right click the Icon. Click View available networks. Click on Advanced settings. Uncheck the Show and Notify boxes.How do I get rid of the annoying "wireless networks detected" bubble that pops up on my laptop screen?
No need to fuzz up with the problem....

just go to network connections from the control panel

right click the wireless network icon and select disable

enable it whenever you want to use wireless network.

see if you have switched off your wi-fi device alsoHow do I get rid of the annoying "wireless networks detected" bubble that pops up on my laptop screen?
Most modern laptops had a button on them to turn them off.. Happened to a friend of mine who had had his laptop for over a year and I was looking at it the other day and asked him what "this" button did to which he replied he did not know.. Being the "poke my finger into anything" type guy I pressed it and hey presto wireless and bluetooth turn off.. I am not saying you may or may not have it but I have to make some assumptions here for you haven't given enough detail.



1. You are running XP

2. You don't use the wireless network



Given these when XP has finished loading look in the status bar (bottom left of screen) and see if you have a network icon ..

If so right click on it and chose "open network connections"

This will bring up a list of all you network connections

If not there START %26gt; SETTINGS %26gt; NETWORK CONNECTIONS

Same screen will appear...

Right click on the Wireless connection

Choose DISABLE from the context menu right click menu)

Job done close all the windows and restart Laptop

Did it Work (hopefully this will be the end of it...)

IF NOT

We need to enter the BIOS ..

Look carefully at the screen when it starts up it should tell you what to press to get to the BIOS.



Usually F1, F10, DEL



At this point I can only give you general tips as you neglected to tell what type of laptop you have..



Look for something like advance settings find the wireless entry and disable it.. Read screen carefully this is the place where you can easily break things. Lastly save you changes



Job Done....



anything else I can help with.. :) !!
  • kuryakyn
  • bully dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment