Saturday, February 18, 2012

I have a bubble blister from a burn I got should I pop it?

I really want to pop it soooo bad, but idk if I'm supposed to or not....HELP?!?!I have a bubble blister from a burn I got should I pop it?
It's actually ok to puncture a blister.

Wash your hands and the blister with soap and warm water.

Swab the blister with iodine or rubbing alcohol.

Sterilize a clean, sharp needle by wiping it with rubbing alcohol.

Use the needle to puncture the blister. Aim for several spots near the blister's edge. Let the fluid drain, but leave the overlying skin in place.

Apply an antibiotic ointment to the blister and cover with a bandage or gauze pad.

After several days, use tweezers and scissors sterilized with rubbing alcohol to cut away all the dead skin. Apply more ointment and a bandage.
Yes, I pop mines.I have a bubble blister from a burn I got should I pop it?
pop it... use a steril needle then leave it alone....
The more you touch any wound, the worse the scar will be, and the more likely that it will get infected. It's just a fact of life. In my experience, burn blisters open up on there own very quickly, and when they do, it's a very painful experience, so don't bother speeding it up. Plus, burns get infected much more easily than cuts and scrapes, and they almost always leave a noticeable scar. If it's a small burn, coat in a pain relieving antiseptic cream, and cover it loosely.I have a bubble blister from a burn I got should I pop it?
You are not supposed to, according to medical personnel. However, if it's driving you nuts, go take a pin or needle %26amp; sterilize it by holding it over an open flame for a few seconds. Then gently poke the blister. Have a tissue nearby to absord to fluid buildup.

Wash it gently with soap %26amp; water; dry %26amp; apply a bandaid.

Viola!
I had one a little while back and asked my sister who is an R.N., she said not to pop it, it is our body's way of protecting it, just let it go on its own then wash with soap to keep clean.
u can prick a needle to ur skin to let the water out... but don't expose the entire wound.. then apply betadine
No, bursting the blister will make you very suspectible to infection and scarring.
Your really not supposed to because it is easily infected because the dead skin due to the burn can not adequately fight off bacteria
O.k, if you are going to pop if then put the needle in a flame for a couple of seconds to sterilize it first, otherwise the blister can get infected.



:]
no, i wouldn't... it will pop on its own. don't worry, you won't feel it
NOOOOOO!!!!!! It drives me crazy when people pop their blisters. You have very very very fragile new skin underneath of the blister. The old skin (and water - it is water inside) are protecting that skin until it is ready to meet the air. Popping a blister is like popping a zit. It causes scarring and you have the potential for infection at that point. Be gentle with the blister..they always pop on their own. When it pops on its own, don't pick at the skin around it, just keep it clean and let the air at it. Sounds ridiculous but once it is ready that new skin needs oxygen to toughen and finish healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment