Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why is my computer making a bubble pop sound?

My computer will make a bubble pop sound frequently. Nothing pops up so I don't know what it is or why it's doing it.



I have a Dell AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor running Windows XP. I usually use Firefox to surf.



I have Avast! anti-virus, but my computer has been making this sound before I got it just recently.



I have Microsoft Security Essentials, but I have disabled it, and even before I disabled it, I clicked the box that said no sounds.



I have Malwarebytes, but it's the free version and it doesn't monitor the computer real-time.



I don't know what it could be. Any ideas?Why is my computer making a bubble pop sound?
Some Windows versions have a nautical theme and that which you describe is one of the sounds.

Double check in the "Sounds" folder to see if that is available and/or you have it assigned to any particular function or action. These would be sounds for the 'System', not necessarily for MSE.

Look in Control Panel%26gt; sounds.

Forgot exactly where, but scrounge around.Why is my computer making a bubble pop sound?
In case your case enclosure is firmly in place, I would advice you to open the case and see whether it sounds any different.



Given the nature of your sound,it can come from either your hard-disk, your case fan or your power supply.If it comes from the former,then your are much better off backing up it’s contents, if it is either of the latter there isn’t much that you can do other than see whether anything is blocking the movement of their respective fan blades,Why is my computer making a bubble pop sound?
its your sound activating when you go into your os, or you have a bad wire or connection between the speaker wire and the ports. try wiggling the cable around and twisting the spot where it connects to the port and see if this continues a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment