Thursday, January 26, 2012

What was your favourite "Bubble Gum" pop song from when you were a child?

Mine was Sugar Sugar by The Archies!!What was your favourite "Bubble Gum" pop song from when you were a child?
Yummy,Yummy,Chewy,Ohio Express

Special Delivery1910 Fruitgum Co.

those were the days of my youth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPzUxEowp鈥?/a>
How did you do that, I was just looking over some 1910 Fruitgum Co.:

Some of the Bubble Gum music I like and have in my collection of music are:

Simon Says, May I Take A Giant Step, Bubble Gum World, Pop Goes The Weasel, The Stroy of Flipper, 1,2,3, Red Light, Yumy, Yumy, Yumy,

Sister John, Quick Joey Small, Log In Fire, Peanut Butter, Down At Lulu's, Poor Old Mr. Jensen.

Thanks for bring this up it good to hear all kinds of music, and it all means something, at least once in someones life.

Take Care

Dave.What was your favourite "Bubble Gum" pop song from when you were a child?
I have blocked out so much of my life, this is tough. I remember a song by Three Dog Night called Old Fashioned Love Song. I remember it playing on the radio and my sister and I were with my Uncle Ben, and we were safe. I am not sure why we were with him, but he stopped at a gas station and bought us Hershey Chocolate bars, and they always make me think of him too.
Julie, Julie Julie, Do you love me by Bobby Sherman.

I know the lyrics by heart to this day and it's all because my sister had a crush on the guy. I remember it was the first of the flavors she liked.. Next came those crazy Bay City Rollers with keep on Dancin' and Saturday night.

You know looking back on the Monkees and the Bay City Rollers.

Young kids should be allowed to see their futures with over controlling managers that seek to kill them through their greed before the sign contracts on the dotted line.

Both groups had some talent but were never allowed to play their own music until it was far too late.

Knowing this is why I like the Moody Blues and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Early groups that fought against record establishments.

Just not a fan of forced music, as it should come and be played from the heart.What was your favourite "Bubble Gum" pop song from when you were a child?
The #1 song in America in October 1965 ~



Hang on Sloopy by the McCoys
You're checking up on us ageless folks, aren't ya! Ain't a darn thing wrong with that, in my book.

I don't know if this one qualifies as "bubblegum" pop, but that one by The Cowsills - Hair is as groovy as groovy gets.

But this one does! And it even rocks out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypdgVYzd鈥?/a>

Peace, Baby!


I always used to listen to the oldies station and i loved "judy in the sky with glasses" I haven't heard that song is a long time. It was sort of a novelty song
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Me_Gen鈥?/a>

Rock Me Gently
OMG, that's mine too!

enjoy!鈾?br>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3cHbfOky鈥?/a>
Sugar Sugar would be on my list along with

"Plesant Valley Sunday" and "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees.
Indian Lake by The Cowsills.
ABC - The Jackson Five,
'I'm a believer' - The Monkees
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this one, but hey, you gotta remember I was a youngster! lol

Yummy Yummy Yummy - Ohio Express
I'll Be There - Jackson 5
What a trip! Sugar Sugar was my favorite also
I dare you to watch this video all the way through. I was amazed at the huge crowd and how they all joined in!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksR0si3Zl鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment